I will be implementing new protocols in an effort to mitigate the risk of transmission to ensure the health and safety of clients and staff. These guidelines have been given primarily by the Provincial Health Office (PHO) and the College of Massage Therapists of BC and will continue (and may change) until further instruction from the PHO.
*Please note that I am still requiring masks to be worn into the clinic and during your treatment. If you choose to not wear a mask (yes, you have that right), your treatment will be rescheduled to a later date when the mask requirement is no longer in place. Thank you for understanding.*
Self Assessment Questionnaire
Please ask yourself and answer these questions (no need to fill anything out) before attending your appointment:
1. Do you have a fever, new cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
2. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, and have been told to quarantine?
3. Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19, are you awaiting the test results for COVID-19, or come in close contact with someone with COVID-19?
4. Do you have 2 or more of the following symptoms: sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decrease/loss of sense of smell, chills, headache, unexplained fatigue/malaise, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting?
5. If you are over 65, are you experiencing: delirium, falls, acute functional decline, or worsening chronic conditions?
If you answered YES to any of the screening questions, please call/email the clinic to reschedule your appointment.
* Please arrive at the clinic just before your appointment time, to minimize waiting in the waiting room. You will receive a call/text if you are able to come earlier.
* Please come alone, if possible. We understand that some may need assistance or need to be accompanied if a minor.
* Please wear a mask into/exiting the clinic, and for treatment face-up. A mask will be provided for you at a minimal charge
* Please use debit/credit, or allow us to direct bill your insurer. Contactless transactions are available.
* Please try to rebook online if possible, to minimize time at the front desk.
* All receipts will be via email, nothing printed.
* I will not be doing any intra-oral treatments as the patient cannot wear a mask.
All patients will be screened
A new Consent form needs to be discussed and signed before receiving your first treatment since the temporary clinic closure on March 17, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be done in-clinic.
Pre-screening for symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness. Ask yourself the above Covid questions, and if any questions are answered YES, reschedule your appointment. Be honest!
Screening for symptoms upon arrival at the clinic. Your appointment will be cancelled if you exhibit signs and symptoms of illness. Be honest with yourself and your RMT before coming in!
These are the steps I will be taking to ensure the safest treatment possible:
* Personal screening everyday
* I will be wearing a mask at all times
* Washing hands immediately before and after each treatment (no change)
* Changing linens and disinfecting table and surfaces between each patient (no change)